Next Steps After High School Graduation
Before you get started, you’ll need to log into your GAfutures account. Don’t have one yet? Create one today!
- Make sure your GAfutures profile includes your correct name, the name of your high school, your social security number, and your date of birth. These are important details for reporting your transcript record and for your Georgia college to receive your HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship academic ability.
- (NOTE: The deadline for Georgia high schools to electronically submit their graduating seniors’ final transcript record is June 30. If after June 30 your final transcript record is not available in your GAfutures account, please contact your high school to verify they have your correct name, date of birth, and social security number. That way, your record can be securely matched so your Georgia college can access the information and determine your HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship status.)
- View your High School HOPE GPA through the My High School HOPE GPA tab. Here’s a quick reference guide on how to do that.
- Check your HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarship Status based on the calculated transcript data submitted by your high school.
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) via the Federal Student Aid website, and submit your Georgia Student Finance Application (GSFAPP) via your GAfutures account. Here’s more information about these applications.
If you are seeking the Zell Miller Scholarship and need to submit your SAT or ACT scores, here’s how to submit your score report to the Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC) for your GAfutures account and eligibility:
To upload your SAT score report using the GAfutures' Document Upload feature, follow these steps:
- Print your test score report from College Board’s website for the SAT.
- Sign, date and write this statement on the report: "This is a true and exact copy of the original score report."
- Save your document(s) as one file (Acceptable file types: pdf, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, tif, tiff).
- Sign into your GAfutures account and select Document Upload, located on the left-hand side of the page.
- Select the Document Type: SAT scores.
- Attach your document file and select the submit button.
To request ACT to submit your score report to GSFC electronically, follow these steps:
- Go to ACT.org and sign into your account.
- Select your ACT score report be sent to GSFC by entering the recipient code: 2225
- ACT will then send GSFC an electronic file to update the student’s record.
Georgia public and private high school students are able to track their HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship status from high school through their GAfutures account at My High School HOPE GPA. It will display when an acceptable test score is received. Once a document is uploaded, student records are updated within 3 to 5 business days.