Next Steps After High School Graduation
Class of 2020 Seniors: Congratulations on your graduation! As you prepare for your college journey, now is a great time to review your HOPE-calculated GPA, check your HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship Status, and complete your FAFSA.
Before you get started, you’ll need to log into your GAfutures account. Don’t have one yet? Create one today!
- Make sure your GAfutures profile includes your correct name, the name of your high school, your social security number, and your date of birth. These are important details for reporting your transcript record and for your Georgia college to receive your HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship academic ability.
- (NOTE: The deadline for Georgia high schools to electronically submit their graduating seniors’ final transcript record is June 30. If after June 30 your final transcript record is not available in your GAfutures account, please contact your high school to verify they have your correct name, date of birth, and social security number. That way, your record can be securely matched so your Georgia college can access the information and determine your HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship status.)
- View your High School HOPE GPA through the “My High School HOPE GPA” tab. Here’s a quick reference guide on how to do that.
- Check your HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarship Status based on the calculated transcript data submitted by your high school.
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) via the Federal Student Aid website, and submit your Georgia Student Finance Application (GSFAPPS) via your GAfutures account. Here’s more information about these applications.
If you are seeking the Zell Miller Scholarship and need to submit your SAT or ACT scores, here’s how to submit your score report to the Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC) for your GAfutures account and eligibility:
- Obtain your test score report and write the following in an empty area on the sheet:
- Your signature
- The date
- The following statement: “This is a true and exact copy of the original score report.”
- Scan or take a picture of the score report, then email it to GSFC at email@example.com. Be sure to include the following in the body of the email:
- Your full name
- High school of attendance
- Date of birth (DOB)
- Last four digits of your social security number (SSN)