9th and 10th Grade
Now that you're in high school, it's time to start thinking about which career(s) you may be interested in. By starting early, you'll be better prepared and, knowing your career goals, can help when choosing your classes and a college. Here are a few things to keep you on track for success in high school.
- Maintain good study habits to help keep your grades up.
- Check your preliminary HOPE GPA in February of each year and your final HOPE GPA in June to see if you are tracking to be eligible for the HOPE Scholarship.
- Take the PSAT/NMSQT or ACT.
- Talk with your guidance counselors, teachers, family members or trusted adults about your plans to meet your education and career plans. Make sure you are taking the right courses.
- Be active in your community through volunteer work and participate in extracurricular activities.