Maintaining REACH Eligibility
While in Middle/High School
- Maintain strong grades
- A middle school REACH Scholar must maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 2.5 or better as calculated by the School System.
- A high school REACH Scholar must maintain a Secondary Cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 2.5 as calculated by GSFA/GSFC in the same manner as the high school grade point average for initial HOPE Scholarship eligibility.
- Maintain good attendance
- REACH Scholars must adhere to the Participating School System’s stated attendance policy and attend classes regularly. A REACH Scholar will be placed on probation for one semester after reaching five or more combined excused and/or unexcused absences in one semester. While on probation, the Scholar may be removed from the program if he/she has any additional unexcused absences or three or more excused absences.
- Maintain good behavior
- REACH Scholars must adhere to the Participating School System’s stated disciplinary policy. A REACH Scholar will be placed on probation for one semester if he/she receives more than one in-school suspension per semester or immediately upon an out-of-school suspension. While on probation, the Scholar may be removed from the program if he/she has an additional suspension.
- Remain drug and alcohol-free
- A REACH Scholar convicted of committing a felony or misdemeanor involving marijuana, controlled substances, and/or dangerous drugs, is immediately ineligible for further participation in the REACH Program.
- A REACH Scholar who fails to comply with the Participating School System’s drug and alcohol policies will be immediately ineligible for further participation in the REACH Program.
- Meet with his/her assigned REACH mentor a minimum of eight times per semester.
- Meet with his/her assigned REACH academic coach a minimum of four times per semester.
- Attend REACH program activities.
- Graduate from high school.
- Enroll in a University System of Georgia (USG) or Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) institution or an eligible private postsecondary institution of their choice.
While in College
- Must be enrolled full-time at an eligible postsecondary institution
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA and Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Complete and submit Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year of college
- Cannot be in default on a federal or state educational loan or owe refund for a federal or state student financial aid program