Initial Eligibility and Middle School Application Procedure for the REACH Georgia Program
All Scholars are selected as 8th-grade students by participating REACH School Systems in the spring of a student’s 7th-grade year or fall of their 8th-grade year. School Systems have a rigorous application process to select Scholars. Students interested in participation should contact their participating school for information. School Systems select Scholars by the following process:
- Qualify according to the federal income eligibility guidelines.
- Nominating qualified students to apply. Nominations can be made by counselors, principals, superintendents or anyone else within the school system who is able to identify students most in need of the REACH Scholarship.
- Requiring nominated Scholars to fill out the REACH Student Application which includes an academic recommendation and community recommendation.
- Reviewing student packets (nomination form, proof of financial need, citizenship/residency requirements, grade/attendance/discipline reports, etc.).
- Interviewing all eligible students by a student selection committee. The student selection committee members differ in each school system.