By starting early, you'll be better prepared and, knowing your career goals, can help when choosing your classes and a college. Here are a few things to keep you on track for success in high school.
- Maintain good study habits to help keep your grades up.
- Check your preliminary HOPE GPA in February of each year and your final HOPE GPA in June to see if you are tracking to be eligible for the HOPE Scholarship.
- Take the PSAT/NMSQT or ACT.
- Talk with your guidance counselors, teachers, family members or trusted adults about your plans to meet your education and career plans. Make sure you are taking the right courses.
- Be active in your community through volunteer work and participate in extracurricular activities.