Eligibility for the REACH Georgia Program
The REACH Program Regulations provide requirements for student eligibility. Eligible students must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen for 12 consecutive months prior to the first day of classes of the spring term of the REACH Scholar’s 7th grade school year.
- Be enrolled in a REACH Participating School System.
- Qualify for the Free or Reduced Lunch Program (FRL).
- Not have had more than two in-school suspensions during the two semesters or four quarters immediately preceding the spring term of the student’s 7th-grade year.
- Not have any crime and/or drug convictions.
- Not be deemed truant (truant: any child who is subject to compulsory attendance and who has more than five (5) days of unexcused absences during the student’s middle school calendar years).
- Have his/her parents/guardians complete and submit a release of information form, as part of the application process, authorizing the school to provide Georgia Student Finance Authority (GSFA) information related to the student’s participation in the program.
- Demonstrate academic promise (grade, attendance and behavior requirements).