Georgia Student Finance Commission

What You Need


What You Need

When completing the FAFSA, you will be asked various questions about income, taxes, citizenship and residency. Here is a list of documents to have available that can help make filling out the FAFSA easier.

  • Social Security number
  • Driver’s license (if any)
  • Permanent Resident Card, Resident Alien Card, or Alien Registration Receipt Card (if applicable)
  • W-2 forms and other records of money earned
  • Most recent income tax return (see the instructions on the FAFSA if the tax return has not been completed)
  • Records of child support paid
  • Records of taxable earnings from Federal Work-Study or other need-based work programs
  • Records of student grant, scholarship and fellowship aid, including AmeriCorps awards, that was included in your (or your parents’) adjusted gross income (AGI)
  • Current stock, bond, and other investment records
  • Current business and farm records
  • Current bank statements

Source: Federal Student Aid

Virtual Advisor