Federal Pell Grant
A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid. Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students who have exceptional financial need and who have not earned a bachelor’s or graduate degree.
- In some cases, students enrolled in a post-baccalaureate teacher certification program might receive a Federal Pell Grant.
- Federal Pell Grant lifetime eligibility is limited to 12 semesters or the equivalent.
- Amounts can change yearly, but the amount awarded will depend on:
- Your financial need,
- Your cost of attendance,
- Your status as a full-time or part-time student, and
- Your plans to attend school for a full academic year or less.