Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13 Page 14 Page 15 Page 16 Page 17 Page 18 Page 19 Page 20 Page 21 Page 22 Page 23 Page 24 Page 25 Page 26 Page 27 Page 28 Page 29 Page 30 Page 31 Page 32 Page 33 Page 34 Page 35 Page 36 Page 37 Page 38 Page 39 Page 40 Page 41 Page 42 Page 43 Page 44 Page 45 Page 46 Page 47 Page 48 Page 49Diploma: Given in a non-degree program, usually a vocational or technical field, to prepare for a job. Diploma programs are generally nine to 18 months long. This diploma is not the same as the diploma you receive when you graduate from high school. Deferment: A deferment is an approved pause in repaying a student loan. For example, students may seek a deferment on undergraduate loan payments while in graduate school. Department of Education: The government agency that administers several federal student financial aid programs. Direct Loan Program: The U.S. Department of Education’s loan program. Doctorate: A degree that usually takes three or more years after a master’s to complete. Dual Enrollment: Program with courses that satisfy high school graduation requirements and earn college credit hours. Early Action Admissions: If you apply to a college under the Early Action Admissions plan and receive an acceptance letter, you do not have to commit until the school’s regular admissions reply date. Early Decision Admissions: If you apply to a college under the Early Decision Admissions plan and receive an acceptance letter, you must commit and attend that school. EFC (Expected Family Contribution): The number used to determine your eligibility for federal student financial aid. Your EFC results from the financial information you provide on your FAFSA. Your EFC is reported on your Student Aid Report (SAR). FAA (Financial Aid Administrator): An FAA is a college or university employee involved in the administration of financial aid. Also known as financial aid advisors, officers or counselors. FAF (Financial Aid Form): This is the generic term used for any financial aid form. FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid): Filling out a FAFSA form is the first step in the financial aid process. To be eligible to receive federal financial aid, a student must complete a FAFSA. FDSLP (Federal Direct Student Loan Program): Through this program, student loans are provided directly to the student from the federal government, rather than through commercial lenders. Federal School Code (also, Title IV Institution Code): Each college, campus or program has a six-character institution code. You must include the code related to each of your college applications when filling out a FAFSA.These codes are available by contacting the school or checking an online listing. FSA ID: Provides access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature. You must have an FSA ID to complete the FAFSA. 43 For more information, visit