COVID-19: We’re here to serve you.
As we find ourselves in an unprecedented situation surrounding coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19), the Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC) is committed to making sure we remain open for business with minimal disruption of service to our customers.
We are also committed to the safety and well-being of our employees and the customers they serve. Though our offices are limiting in-person interactions as much as possible to practice social distancing, we remain an available resource for your college financial planning needs.
On this page, you’ll find:
- Information on how to communicate with us during this time
- Information and updates for students, parents, and borrowers
- Information and updates for high schools and postsecondary institutions
COMMUNICATING WITH US
We encourage students, parents, and colleagues at high schools and postsecondary institutions to connect with us via email:
Staff are available to provide assistance via email:
|Dual Enrollment - Application Assistancefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Program Administration and Regulationsemail@example.com|
|Origination & Disbursementsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Grant & Scholarship Documentsemail@example.com|
Student Loan Forbearance: Governor Brian P. Kemp announced that Georgia borrowers participating in any state loan program administered by the Georgia Student Finance Authority (GSFA) will automatically receive a 60-day administrative forbearance to assist Georgians who may be impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19). Learn more
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS & PARENTS:
- High School grades and the HOPE Scholarship Calculation: information is provided about how grades including a Pass/Fail option are used in the High School HOPE GPA Calculation. Please view the FAQ Learn more
- SAT and ACT cancellations: Information is provided for the Class of 2020 (high school and home study) that were impacted by the SAT/ACT testing cancellations and Zell Miller Scholarship and HOPE Scholarship eligibility for Fall term. Please view the FAQ Learn more
- Dual Enrollment: The 2020-2021 Dual Enrollment application is open for students to apply. Please visit the Dual Enrollment section of the website for additional information.
- Financial Aid and FAFSA Events: At this time, we are scheduling webinars in lieu of in-person events. Visit our Eventbrite page to register for a webinar. Meetings with Outreach representatives will be held via phone, text, or virtual conferencing. Please contact your Outreach representative to schedule your appointment. Find your designated representative according to your county of residence.
- HOPE/Zell Miller Scholarship Calculation: information is provided about how grades, including a Pass/Fail option, are used in the college level HOPE/Zell Miller Scholarship Calculations. Please view the FAQ Learn more
HIGH SCHOOLS AND POSTSECONDARY INSTITUTIONS
- SAT and ACT cancellations: Information is provided about how grades including a Pass/Fail option are used in the High School HOPE GPA Calculation. Please view the FAQ Learn more
- Dual Enrollment: Within the Dual Enrollment module is a “Single View” form for high school and postsecondary professionals to process online student applications effective Summer term 2020. This new form is under development to include all program rules and changes related to HB 444. Tentative release for the Single View is late-April.
- HOPE/Zell Miller GPA Calculation: Information is provided about how grades including a Pass/Fail option are used in the High School HOPE GPA Calculation. Please view the FAQ Learn more
For updates and safety guidelines related to COVID-19, be sure to monitor news outlets, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH).
For news and updates related to GSFC and GAfutures, be sure to follow our social media accounts and visit our websites: gsfc.georgia.gov and GAfutures.org. We will also send out communications, such as our Dear Colleague Letters and School Updates, with important updates and information. You can also follow and interact with GAfutures on Facebook and Twitter.