FAFSA Completion Data
Increasing completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is a key initiative in Georgia and nationwide. Research has shown 90% of high school graduates who filed a FAFSA enrolled directly in a postsecondary program.
The Georgia Student Finance Commission actively promotes the importance of FAFSA completion across the state. The FAFSA Completion Report includes completion rate information among Georgia high schools for the current and previous academic years.
- Class of 2018 (2018/2019 FAFSA Cycle) FAFSA completion rate through September 30, 2018.
- Class of 2019 (2019/2020 FAFSA Cycle) FAFSA completion rate through the date of the report.
- Report reflects Federal Student Aid FAFSA data corresponding to student transcripts received by GSFC from Georgia high schools.
- Similar to Federal Student Aid (FSA) reporting, data for schools with fewer than five FAFSA completions have been redacted. The corresponding cells in the tables for these schools will be blank. Completed FAFSAs from these schools, however, are included in state totals and % point difference year over year calculations.
- % Point Difference in the tables is not calculated for schools without 2018 or 2019 data displayed.
- Report is dynamic and updated weekly. As a result, numbers displayed may be higher or lower than an earlier period.
- GSFC and its affiliated agencies do not verify this data for accuracy.
In addition to the GAfutures FAFSA Completion Report, the #FormYourFuture FAFSA Tracker is another resource available to gather more information about FAFSA completion.
If you have questions, contact us.