Eligibility for the UNG Military Service Scholarship
To be eligible, a student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident alien who meets the definition of an eligible non-citizen under Federal Title IV requirements;
- Be a legal resident of Georgia, as defined by GSFC, for a minimum of 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of registration at the institution for the school term for which a scholarship is being sought;
- Qualify for regular admission to UNG;
- Have demonstrated "Academic Excellence" at the high school level;
- Meet mental and physical health standards required for commission in the Georgia National Guard;
- Be an entering freshman enrolled full time in order to receive a full, four-year scholarship;
- Meet federal Title IV Selective Service registration requirements. The requirement to register applies to males who were born on or after January 1, 1960, are at least 18, are citizens or eligible non-citizens, and not currently on active duty in the armed forces;
- Not be in default on a federal Title IV or State of Georgia educational loan previously obtained from or through GSFA unless the student has made satisfactory arrangements for repayment;
- Be in compliance with the Drug-Free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990.
GMC State Service Scholarship Transfer:
A student who has completed an Associate program of study and received Georgia Military College State Service Scholarship funds during their second year of enrollment may be eligible to transfer up to an additional four semesters of scholarship eligibility at University of North Georgia. A recipient must meet all above listed general eligibility requirements and agree to serve four years in the Georgia Army National Guard upon graduation from UNG.